Recently I’ve re-kindled my interest with amateur (ham) radio. I’ve had a fascination for about 15 years, but never did anything about it. Originally, I wanted to get my license so I could fight robots on the 50mhz band allocated for remote control use.. seems trivial now in present day!
Check out the sub-menu to expand on projects I have documented so far.
I’m currently exploring several facets of Amateur radio:
- Local 2m Repeaters
- Digital Modes and Low Power Communications (APRS, PSK31, CW)
- Software Defined Radio (Viewing spectrum, Aircraft Radar, Weather Satellite Imagery, APRS I-Gate)
Eventually when I am able to, my future goals are to:
- Send photos and texts/emails through WinLink service.
- Get into HF and explore 6 meter and lower frequencies
- Have a repository for aircraft radar, weather imagery, and external site to listen in on frequencies (ala WebSDR or OpenWebRX)