Recently I’ve re-kindled my interest with amateur (ham) radio. I’ve had a fascination for about 15 years, but never did anything about it. Originally, I wanted to get my license so I could fight robots on the 50mhz band allocated for remote control use.. seems trivial now in present day!
Check out the sub-menu to expand on projects I have documented so far.
I’m currently exploring several facets of Amateur radio:
- Local 2m Repeaters
- Digital Modes and Low Power Communications (APRS, PSK31, CW)
- Software Defined Radio (Viewing spectrum, Aircraft Radar, Weather Satellite Imagery, APRS I-Gate)
Eventually when I am able to, my future goals are to:
- Send photos and texts/emails through WinLink service.
- Get into HF and explore 6 meter and lower frequencies
- Have a repository for aircraft radar, weather imagery, and external site to listen in on frequencies (ala WebSDR or OpenWebRX)
Here’s what I’ve been picking up on FT8 on my attic copper pipe OCFD and SDR: PSKReporter – N8EUL